Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breaking a Woman - Interlude

You can find Part I of Breaking a Woman here.  Part II is coming tomorrow, but in the meantime, an interlude.

Joyce Rupp is a Spiritual Guide and a Nun.  Her book Open the Door has played a part in my journey into submission.  I recommend it for connecting with the part of you that may be resistant to being open.

She penned this poem "at a time when love and grace were present" for her.  It is very apt to where I am going with Breaking a Woman.  And I could say it to Him:

Truth
Go ahead, look at me, through me,
for you see what I hide from myself
and the rest of the world.
Go ahead, take those clear eyes
and pierce the falseness with your reality.
Draw open the thick door of my pretensions,
my less than perfect self.
My heart shivers under your penetrating gaze.
Only because your wisdom is stronger
than my dread, do I accept (hesitantly)
what you bring to my freshly opened door.

No comments:

Post a Comment