Saturday, February 11, 2012

The 50's? Yes, Sir.

Okay, first of all - I never believed that there was really a perfect time in America.  But everything the 50's certainly seems to be shown to us in a very positive light.  And I have to tell you, I got the 50's on my mind.

Kid's playing outside, men in hats, cigarettes and cocktails were sexy, and of course - the women.

Not me
The curvy bodies, the just below knee length skirts, the serviceable heels... the smiles - what a great time to look like a woman!  My newest skirts have that swishy feel to them that make my curves feel sexy and (gasp) make boots feel so overdone.  I NEED some pumps.

Seriously, is that the kind of thing we should be saying out loud?  I know this is a sex blog, but it might be too much.  Way too shocking.  I want to go out, right now, today and find a cute pump.

Oh, and every time I put on hose (which I have done several times over the last few weeks, but for the first time in the last 10 years), I picture old movies that I used to watch with my mom.  You know, the ones with the sassy heroine that pulls her stockings up over her legs ever so slowly?  Often that is all you would see - behind a screen or on a bed or whatever.  Yummy.

So, here's to the 50's girls - I am loving you!  Or at least my image of you that may or may not be realistic.

PS - There is a really fabulous collection of short stories, The Stories of John Cheever, that I read last year that started me in this frame of mind and then who knew, but our sojourn into this M/s relationship has firmly planted my body there.  A 50's bod with a millennium lifestyle.  How fun is that?

2 comments:

  1. I can just remember bits of the 50s, like watching the Micky Mouse Club on tv as a little guy. I really like dresses, hose etc. Too bad they seem to have gone the way of the dodo.

    Also, I agree that The Stories of John Cheever is very good collection of short stories! I believe it won the Pulitzer for fiction one year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a list of 75 Books all Men should read once, and I was disappointed in me that I had only read very few of them (even though I am not a man), so I have been working through them. My life has improved from the selections, although I do find I enjoy a lighter selection in between some of them. Should keep me busy for a few years! http://www.esquire.com/print-this/75-books?page=all

      Delete