Tuesday, March 20, 2012

How We Met - March Q&A

Riley from over at Vanilla Extract asked me two questions - So, are you participating in question month? If so, I want to know how you two met...

The first one is easy - absolutely, I am participating in question month... I hope you know that you can actually ask me anything at any time, but if you are needing a specific invite, this is it.  As I understand it, anything goes.

The second question - well, that's a bit longer.  But, I do love the stories that others are sharing, so I will give a stab at how we met.

When I first met H, I did NOT like him.  Picture a guy in a long trench coat swishing around work, often with sunglasses on and always with a minion right behind.  (That is how I pictured his co-worker, as a minion.)  It was my second job out of college, so I wasn't a newbie to the office environment, and when H showed up at my desk to take my laptop because "it was talking to other computers", I thought he was kind of an ass.  It's called a network, I laughed with my boyfriend of the time that night, it's supposed to talk to other computers.

Oh yes, I had a boyfriend.  H had a wife.

The company we worked for was small enough that you knew most everybody, but large enough that you didn't see them all the time.  Also, I was on the road a lot in the first year I was there.  I don't remember many more specific instances of seeing H after that first meeting.  He says he first noticed me in some green pants that looked nice on the ass.  I remember the pants, but not specifically seeing him.

We always tell people we met at the bowling alley.  Because that's a great place to meet hot men.


Our company had a bowling team, and I was a single gal who thought having a weekly activity to get me out of work was a good idea.  I suck at bowling.  H is really good and we can both appreciate a sport that allows you to drink, so we both played league.

The first year, H's wife was always there with him and I guess was a friend of mine as well.  My previously mentioned boyfriend was my most serious relationship to date (before H), and when it ended it was pretty not good.  I also did not behave the best about it.  I talked to H (and wife) about it a lot and then often about my disastrous attempts at dating again.  That is when we became friends.

The second year, H's wife did not come to the alley.  When I asked after her, she was always out of town.  I think there were problems, but he was never one to disrespect another, and he always changed the subject.  She essentially just disappeared (not like that!).  Other than one crazy phone call, I never saw her again.

Meanwhile, the mean guy at work turned out to have a soft side, bringing around candy to everyone on holidays and helping with personal computer issues, etc.  We became better friends.

You won't mock bowling now, will you?
Then one night, bowling ended early and the normal drinking crowd wasn't there.  I was still restless and I ended up with H in the bar for a game of pool and way too much alcohol.  There was a sexual tension between us that night that was pretty intense.  I think it had been building for a while, but he was married, and I was insane.  (Single bad girl behavior insane.)  I was pretty drunk when he took me to my car in the parking garage and I kissed him.

Oh my god - the greatest kiss ever.  Seriously, even inebriated, it was like drowning in passion.  I have no words to describe it, but here, 10 years and 1 month later, I can still recall the memory to my lips.  I would have fucked him right then and there.

In fact, I offered to do just that and he said, no.  I made some physical advances to try and change his mind, but he wasn't having me when I was drunk.  So, we went our separate ways that night.

The next day, H and I had lunch in a cafe and he said that he loved his wife, but that there were some problems in the bedroom due to medical concerns and that she had given him permission to take care of that externally.  Would I be interested in an affair?

By then, I had sobered up and remembered that I don't sleep with other women's men and no, I was not interested in that type of relationship.  Especially with the caveat that she would know who I was.  Definitely not.  (Makes me think of poly relationships etc. now, but back then, I had no framework for that type of thing and wanted no part of it.)

It was an awkward lunch and it ended with him watching me walk away.  We didn't really talk again for eight months.

This is getting long, so I broke it into two parts.  You can find Part II here.

No comments:

Post a Comment