Saturday, March 17, 2012

Because I am a Witch

I once saw a thing that said, tone over the Internet is hard to decipher, so when in doubt, just assume I am a bitch.


There is a vulnerability in D/d, I have seen many posts on it and I have felt it myself.  Maybe it is because we are trying something so different than many of us thought of when we were young.  Or maybe it is because, for the first time for many of us, we are being honest, even if we are being anonymous.

Anyway:  vulnerability + blog town = some miscommunication.

Add in the fact that I am naturally sarcastic and I find myself treading in comments really carefully and even pre-emptively apologizing.  I have hurt people without intention in face to face conversations, so I am sure that possibility exists here x10.

I joke when I say assume I am a bitch, when in reality, I am exactly the opposite, concerned almost too much about what others think.

Which puts me in mind of a bumper sticker I saw - Don't worry about what other people think, they don't do it that often.

Just something I was thinking about as I was lurking through blog town tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Kitty, I have the same concerns. I tend to have a somewhat snarky sense of humor sometimes, and I try my best to tread lightly when it comes to deploying it in the comment sections of the blogs I follow. Hopefully I don't offend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jake,

      Snarky... yes, I have been called that by some. :)
      Thank you for commenting, I also worry that when I am too worried about being me, that something may be lost in the translation.

      Kitty

      Delete
  2. Nah, I totally understand. As I get to know each blogger I know what kinds of responses they are okay with. I'm really careful too because I don't want to offend or be misunderstood. I want to be an encouragement but also need to ask questions sometimes...and sometimes I like to be snarky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie,

      Thanks for stopping by. Part of worrying about being misunderstood is that I am not really being me, which is so damn lovable (not) when I am treading lightly. And in the end I am doing a disservice to everyone.

      Kitty

      Delete